This property has been sold. Would you like more information on the sale, or do you have a property you'd like to discuss selling?
On the market for the first time in over 50 years, this often admired Wadestown property has been a much-loved family home. The character and solidity of this 1920's home has been impeccably retained, with features such as pane windows and gabled roof. Inside, the first level comprises several elegant living areas; two sitting rooms, main with bay window and fireplace; the second sun-filled with floor to ceiling windows, French doors and a second fireplace. The cozy separate dining room adjoins the immaculate kitchen as well as a study/spare room off the main hallway. The renovation in the 1970's, designed by a well known Wellington architect, have stood the test of time complementing the original character. Upstairs, is just as spacious with four bedrooms, all with distinctive pane windows.
Outside, the immaculate tiled courtyard - with feature gazebo - is the perfect place for summer entertaining, while an easy care garden surrounds the house.
Located just minutes from the city centre, in zone for both Wellington Girls' and Boys' Colleges and a mere stroll to Wadestown kindergarten, this is a wonderful opportunity to move into this sought-after suburb.
* First time on the market for over 50 years
* Four bedrooms, main with walk-in wardrobe
* Two living areas, main with bay window and fireplace, second sun-filled with floor to ceiling windows and French doors to patio
* Separate dining room
* Stunning tiled outdoor courtyard with feature gazebo
* Located in desirable Oban Street
* Close to city centre
* In zone for Wellington Girls' and Boys' colleges
* R.V. $1,010,000